Sunday, January 9, 2011

On the Road: My Sabbatical Begins!

In about 8 hours I leave Bloomington, IN for Seattle, WA via car. I will travel from IN to TN, AR, OK, TX, NM, AZ, then into LA and up the coast of CA to OR and then WA, arriving in Seattle on January 31st.

On Tuesday I will visit the William J Clinton Presidential Library and Museum in Little Rock, Arkansas. Later in the week I'll be at the Grand Canyon National Park.

Along the way I will visit friends, colleagues, and former students. When I get to Seattle, I will settle down in this location. There I will live for several months. My plan is to spend some time at Adobe, Microsoft, and the University of Washington. I'll also be working with my two partners, Vamshi and Anoo, on our new company: Glerb. More about that at an appropriate time.

And I'll be writing a book on Design Pedagogy.

The car is packed. I need to get some sleep.
More later...

Marty

2 comments:

  1. Well talk about false starts! My car is packed and I hear a noise coming from my wheels. I go to the Toyota dealership in Bloomington and they confirm that a screw was sticking out of my tire! So they're putting in a plug that they claim will be safe.

    After breakfast with Doug at the Village Deli, I will head west! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a fun and safe trip.

    ReplyDelete