Thursday, January 13, 2011

Diversity of the Land

I'm in Santa Fe, New Mexico right now -- 1.36 miles above sea level (7,200 feet). I'm staying as a guest in the home of Russ and Mary Roberts, dear friends of mine (and my children). They live in a magnificent home--a modern, Pueblo-style adobe structure, complete with huge ceiling beams and tiled floors. I'm staying in their guest house situated on a hillside that looks at a mountain range to the west and to the east; it's breathtaking at sunset. The air is pure and the oxygen is a bit thin; I've been drinking a LOT of water!

I am here for two days before moving to the Grand Canyon; it will be a time of rest and contemplation. Being 1,500 miles from Bloomington begins to engage my imagination. I don't know what will emerge, but my time alone affords me the opportunity to think of the challenges and opportunities before me.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment